4.30.2020

Let's Talk MY SOUL TO SAVE: My New Novella.

Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing well. :)

A couple of days ago, I revealed I was at work on a few new projects. And if you follow me on Facebook and/or Instagram, you'll see I've further teased some of them. While I can't say much concerning Hunted, as the project is being penned with the intent to submit it once it has undergone editing. There is one project, however, that I can somewhat talk about... and that is My Soul to Save.

Back in 2014, I saw an anthology submission call for a specific type of story from a small publisher. At the time, I was busy with other projects and therefore, I simply did not have time to work on it. I did manage to write 700 words before I closed it, though. (This was after I had signed over a short story to another anthology; that one apparently never released and I'm not sure why.) Flash forward to 2020. The publisher that put out my Collide series is looking for novellas for a specific reason/relatively soon. I have about 10 books in various stages that I haven't touched over the years -- all of which I've never publicly talked about. This was one of them. (Fun fact: It had no title before I decided to start back on it.)

I knew I wanted to write a novella for the submission call. I just wasn't sure what subject and/or genre I wanted to write about. I also wasn't sure if I wanted to write a Young Adult title or a New Adult title. Thankfully, when I opened this old draft, I knew immediately what I wanted to write. Last week I finally sat down to start on it. Now, a week later, I'm 6K words into it and should hit 10K by Saturday morning. (I don't write on the weekend as I have a full-time editing gig.)

This story is a standalone. It will not be a full-length novel. It will have a proper conclusion. 

Here are some other things I can say:
1. It features all new characters.
2. It also features an entirely new world.
3. It's a Young Adult paranormal story.
4. There is romance.
5. It's exactly what I need to write between Rebirth installments.

Once My Soul to Save is finished, I will be turning my focus back to Hunted. That project looks to be a long one. I'm only 3 chapters in and around 9K words. It's a standalone title and features two of my favorite characters. (The girl is a mixture of Emile and Taylen, so if you like them, you'll adore her.)

I expect My Soul to Save to be completely drafted by mid-May. It's moving quickly. At that point, I'll have more information for you regarding how it'll be published and when.

I'm just happy to be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment