2.07.2015

Book Review: Snapped by Christine d'Abo!

SnappedSnapped by Christine d'Abo
ebook
Published: January 21st 2015 by Cosmo Red-Hot Reads Review Copy: Provided via NetGalley
Purchase: Amazon -- B&N

Description from Goodreads:
Reality Romance Reunion

Tamara Foles hopes acting as a judge on a new reality TV show will give her struggling interior design firm the boost it needs. But she doesn’t count on being thrust into the mean girl role. Or on her ex, Reid Jacobs, being the assistant director. Whatever may have gone wrong in the past, the physical connection between her and Reid is still very much alive. Navigating an old relationship made new again is difficult enough without the whole world watching…

With all eyes--and cameras--on them, there’s no more running from the past. Will Tamara and Reid survive their turn in the spotlight? There’s only one way to find out.

Viewer discretion advised. Mature audiences only.


My Review:
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So, somehow I failed to realize this was a companion story to NAILED, which I read last year. While I liked NAILED, I couldn't help but to feel as though it was missing something. With SNAPPED, I didn't have that issue. This story felt complete, the characters were well developed, and the happy ending in this story worked.
While I do wish we learned a bit more of Reid's past, I understand why the writer didn't focus too much on that. Focusing too much on his past would have made this a much darker story.
I think that my only problem with this story was that it was too much like NAILED. Again, I understand that it is a companion novel, so seeing the characters from that book in this one is fine. The thing was, since Tamara and Sophia work together and this was another reality show about design, the story felt too alike. I couldn't stop comparing the stories. It was a bit frustrating.
Still, even with that, I liked Tamara. I liked that she was flawed, that she wasn't described as perfect and that we, the readers, were able to see her flaws. It made her relatable. And I loved that Reid, although described as pretty physically perfect, wasn't perfect, either. He is a broken character with many layers to him, and I really loved that he admitted his flaws and talked about the troubling things that happened to him in the past. (Briefly, at least.)The character development for both Tamara and Reid was well done, and I was happy with where their characters ended up in the end.
Happy endings shouldn't be easy, and this one wasn't easy. It took two people willing to admit their faults, to own up to their pasts, to break down the barriers between one another and to admit they needed help in order to get there.

If you're a fan of the Cosmo Red Hot Reads, I'd suggest checking this one out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment