9.21.2014

New to My Shelves!


Since I'll be heading to NYCC next month, I'm trying not to buy any books, but I did purchase one book this week... one that I've been meaning to read for some time now:


Purchased:
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

This book has been on my wishlist for years. I've heard such great things about it. I'm not sure why it took me so long to purchase a copy, but I can't wait to start it.


Received for Review:
Eternal by C.C. Hunter

This book actually came with some spiffy swag:

I will be giving the t-shirt away at a later date, so if you're a fan of C.C. Hunter, keep an eye out!

I also got in a few comics this week:
Edge of Spider-Verse #1
Death of Wolverine #2
Ms. Marvel #8

These are older comics, but since I have yet to find a local comic shop that I feel comfortable visiting, I order my comics online and they usually come in a week or two after release. I'm actually backed up on my comics reading too, but I have read Ms. Marvel #8 and it's a good installment. I adore this series, and even if you don't enjoy comics, you should probably pick this book up when the trade paperback comes out next month. =)

Comics I've read recently that I would recommend:
Moon Knight (Marvel Now!): This one is incredibly violent, but the storytelling is wonderful. It's easily one of my favorite comics out right now after Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, and Black Widow.
Wicked + the Divine: This one is an odd series, but I love that about it. Want a series featuring mainly a female cast with diversity? Then you should check this series out. I'm actually behind on this one by two issues, but I'm planning to catch up soon.
Hawkeye vs. Deadpool: I love Matt Fraction's run on Hawkeye, and I'm sad that the series will be coming to an end. It wasn't until I read Fraction's run on Hawkeye that I came to truly care about the character, so I feared I wouldn't like this one - even if I do love Deadpool - but I'm liking this so far. It's fun. If you love Deadpool, you'll enjoy this, and Clint is well written in this one (so my fears were over nothing).

And now I'm back to editing!
<3 Nicole

P.S. Just a reminder that Arabella releases on the 24th. If you decide to purchase it and you come to find that you enjoy it, please leave a review on Amazon and Goodreads. I would truly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment