6.13.2014

Review: Burned (Miller Sisters #2) by Sarah Morgan.

Burned (Miller Sisters, #2)Burned by Sarah Morgan
Published: June 1st 2014 by Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin
Review Copy: Provided via NetGalley
Purchase: Amazon -- Barnes & Noble

Description from Goodreads:
Trainer and martial artist Rosie Miller's zen is seriously compromised when Hunter Black—her former coach and lover—becomes her new boss. And with all the sexual energy still crackling between them, her poor little zen doesn't stand a chance. So this time, Rosie is determined to play by her rules….

My Review:
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Rounded up to 3.5 stars.

I really enjoyed Morgan’s first Cosmo Red Hot Read, Ripped. It was fun and entertaining, and I was definitely looking forward to Burned thinking that it would be much of the same. Unfortunately, this story fell a bit short for me. I did enjoy it, yes, but not nearly as much as Ripped.

What I liked:
Rosie… for the most part. She’s a strong, independent woman, and she stands up for herself when her boyfriend in the beginning of the story tells her that she makes him feel less masculine – that she needs to act like a girl so that he feels better about himself. That scene made me love her character, because she knew who she was and she wasn’t willing to give up who she was in order to make the guy happy.

Hunter. He was a bit intense at times, but he was a likeable love interest. He wasn’t overbearing, and he genuinely seemed to have Rosie’s best interests at heart. At times he did come off as a bit too perfect, but I still liked him.

The scenes with Hayley and Rosie. Like I said, I preferred Ripped to Burned, and that’s mainly because Hayley’s story was a lot of fun. Having her pop up in Burned was great. Her scenes with Rosie were light, but they also highlighted their strong relationship as sisters.

The ending. The ending was perfect for this story. It was sweet and it helped to tie up loose ends in the story.

What I didn’t like:
Rosie, at times. The fact that she wanted to take all of the blame for Hunter leaving (before she’d given him a chance to really explain himself) bothered me, especially because it did become a bit repetitive.

The ending. I know, I know. I said I liked the ending, and I did. But I also felt as though it was rushed. After the end of Chapter Nine, it seemed like things jumped forward a bit too quickly with Chapter Ten.

Overall, I enjoyed Burned. It wasn’t as strong as Ripped, but it was still enjoyable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment