12.30.2012

Mini Review: Metamorphosis (Hell Bent/Heaven Sent #5) by Isobel Lucas

Metamorphosis (Hell Bent/Heaven Sent #5)Metamorphosis by Isobel Lucas
Review Copy: Purchased
Purchase: Amazon ($0.99)
Published: December 18th 2012 by 80 Pages, Inc 

Description From Amazon:
***Due to language and sexual situations, this ebook is rated for ages 17 and up***

When the man she loves is nearly dead, Raven does the only thing she can to save him - she steals his soul. She's desperate to find out how to return it to him, but first she must confront the devil, God, and her own creation story.

Can Raven save Ian and the world? And if she does, can she ever find a way to save herself?

Metamorphosis is the fifth episode in a series of five novelettes (10,000 - 15,000 words) releasing every two weeks starting October 23rd. Due to sex and language, this is recommended for readers 17 and up.

Hell Bent Heaven Sent:

#1 On Raven's Wings - October 23rd
#2 Signs and Portents - November 6th
#3 The Defiler's Throne - November 20th
#4 Infliction - December 4th
#5 Metamorphosis - December 18th

My Review:
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Metamorphosis is the perfect ending to the Hell Bent/Heaven Sent novelette series by Isobel Lucas.

I wasn't sure what Lucas had planned after I finished the fourth installment, Infliction, but it certainly wasn't this. (That's a good thing, by the way.) Lucas takes readers on a roller coaster ride from the beginning, all the way through to the end.

The pacing is fantastic. The character development is superb (especially with Raven, aka Mary). I devoured this installment, and while I loved how Lucas ended this series, I'm sad to see it come to an end. I really came to adore both Raven and Ian.

As with her work as Megg Jensen, I will eagerly be awaiting her next release!

View all my reviews

You can find my reviews for the rest of the series under the "Book Reviews" tab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment