11.13.2012

Things I'm Enjoying This Week...

Since I haven't posted a review in a while, I figured I'd post about the awesome things going on this week.

Warm Bodies trailer and poster:

I absolutely loved Warm Bodies. It was one of my favorite reads from last year, so I'm eager to see how they managed to adapt R and Julie's story.
Quick note: Warm Bodies isn't a YA novel, though it is often marketed as one, but it is a fantastic book that you should check out. You'll need to go in with an open mind though, as this isn't your typical zombie story.
 



The Host poster and trailer:

I actually like Stephenie Meyer. I know a lot of people groan when they hear/see her name but she is the reason I got back into writing. With Twilight ending, it is time to start focusing on The Host. I'm really loving this first trailer and it'll be interesting to see whether the Twilight audience is there to see it when it opens in March.





The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2:

As I said, I like Stephenie Meyer, and I actually really liked the Twilight saga, so I have every intention of being there on Thursday (10PM showing, I'm getting too old to do midnight openings). It'll be bittersweet as I'm dying to see this final installment on screen, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to acknowledge this is it. I mean, Harry Potter is done. Twilight is nearly done. At least we have The Hunger Games and (soon) Divergent, right?! I would've included City of Bones, but I have yet to read the Mortal Instruments series. I'm going to at least read the first book before the movie comes out next year, I promise! 

So there's that. A lot of awesome book adaptions hitting the big screen soon. It's pretty awesome, but also terrifying as a book lover. Which movie are you looking forward to the most?

Touching a bit on Submerged:
Submerged is a dystopian novel, but it isn't like The Hunger Games. Confused? When I think of dystopian novels, I automatically think The Handmaid's Tale, Brave New World and 1984. That's the kind of dystopian tale you can expect from Submerged. It does have elements that might remind you of either The Hunger Games or Divergent, but it isn't nearly as awesome as either book. I'm not even going to pretend that it is (sorry guys)!

And here is a snippet from Submerged:
“I need to understand, Taylen.” Lex took to his feet and moved into the seat beside me. “You gave up everything, and for what? You’ve got nothing left now.”

“That’s not true,” I countered. “I still know who I am, I never gave that up, which is more than I can say for you.”

Lex gripped my red locks, yanking my head back. “Watch it,” he hissed.

“Why, what are you going to do?” I asked, edging him on.

His blue eyes locked on me, and for the briefest second, I thought I saw a flame of hope – a sign that he understood. But it was gone the second he opened his mouth. “You think that you’re the only person who has ever questioned Troum?” he whispered; his lips so close to my ear that his cool breath sent a panicked shiver throughout my body. “You’re wrong, Tay. Most of the people within the Sectors know that something is wrong, it’s just easier to turn a blind eye – something you should have done from the get go.”
Back to my Grammarly check I go. Betas will have the manuscript tonight (I promise). I'm doing the final Grammarly checks right now. I have five chapters left to scan and clean up, then that is it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment