11.02.2012

Book Review: Passion and Pain (Dancers and Divas #1) by Kathy Petrakis

Passion and Pain (Dancers and Divas #1)Passion and Pain by Kathy Petrakis
Paperback, 350 pages
Published October 15th 2012 by Antartis Publishers
Review Copy: Provided by Author
Purchase: Amazon (Free for today!)

Description from Goodreads:
Does passion and desire guarantee success? Can friends really be trusted? Can true love be found beneath lust and deceit?

These are questions street dancer Elena Martinez faces as she struggles to compete against the most talented students at New York’s top Performing Arts High School. Along with her best friend, the cheeky and mischievous Sebastien Duval, they are determined to make center stage.

But the singing diva Letitia has other plans. Beautiful, talented and popular, her desire for revenge could ruin everything for Elena and Sebastien. Now, they must fight against prejudice, treachery and deceit as Letitia sets out to destroy Elena’s friendships, her romance, her dignity and her dreams. Can Elena win the battle for true love, happiness and success?


My Review:
Passion and Pain isn’t something I’d usually read, but when Kathy Petrakis contacted me to review the title, I couldn’t turn it down. I’m trying to read more contemporary (I adore sci-fi and fantasy, but sometimes real life is nice to read about), and this seemed like it’d be a quick, enjoyable read, and honestly? It was easy to tear through this book.

After reading Passion and Pain, I have to agree that it is definitely FAME meets Gossip Girl.
I did have a few issues with Passion and Pain: the dialogue seemed a bit off at times, and it took me a bit to connect with Elena, but once I did, I easily tore through Passion and Pain.

I liked reading about Elena and her friends, but what I liked most about Passion and Pain was the fact that it touched on a lot of difficult subjects: virginity, bullying, etc.

I didn’t love Passion and Pain, but I can honestly say that I did like it. It is fun watching Elena and Seb’s relationship develop as the story moves along. There are mistakes made. But in the end, things have a way of working out, and they end up realizing they both want more than friendship.
To sum it up:

Do you enjoy the performing arts? Are you a fan of Gossip Girl? Of FAME? Did you enjoy TAKING CHANCES by Molly McAdams? Then you will devour Passion and Pain. Oh, and the best part? It’s currently free on Amazon! ;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment