10.24.2012

Novelette Review: Wool (Wool #1) by Hugh Howey

Wool (Wool, #1)Wool by Hugh Howey
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 49 pages
Published: July 29th 2011 by Broad Reach 
Review Copy: Purchased
Purchase: Amazon (free) - Barnes & Noble($0.99)
 
Description from Goodreads:
They live beneath the earth in a prison of their own making. There is a view of the outside world, a spoiled and rotten world, their forefathers left behind. But this view fades over time, ruined by the toxic airs that kill any who brave them.

So they leave it to the criminals, those who break the rules, and who are sent to cleaning. Why do they do it, these people condemned to death? Sheriff Holston has always wondered. Now he is about to find out.
 
My Review:
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My initial reaction when I finished reading "Wool": WHAT?!

"Wool" is an excellent novelette. Honestly, I'm putting it near the top of my favorite reads for the year. Howey manages to pack so much emotion into these forty-nine pages that you can't help but to keep turning the page to see what will happen next.

Excellent world building. Fantastic writing. You can't go wrong with "Wool", especially since the eBook is currently free on Amazon.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment