8.11.2012

New to My Shelves (04)

Instead of doing In My Mailbox, I'm going to start doing New to My Shelves every Sunday. I'll post about the books I've bought/received, as well as updating on my projects.


Books Purchased/Received:
Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (review can be found here)
The Forsaken (The Forsaken #1) by Lisa M. Stasse
Minder (Ganzfield #1) by Kate Kaynak
Skylark (Skylark #1) by Meagan Spooner
Stitch (Stitch Trilogy #1) by Samantha Durante
Gustav Gloom and the People Taker by Adam-Troy Castro (for review)

eBooks Purchased:



Glimpse: The Dwellers (Book #1) by Sara Daniell
FanGirl by Angel Lawson
Wool (Wool #1) by Hugh Howey
The Dream Slayer (The Dreamer Slayer Series #1) by Jill Cooper
Becoming (Daughters of Saraqael #1) by Raine Thomas

I'm planning to review both Spark (Sky Chasers #2) and Stained this week, and maybe even Wool (as it's short).

Because I'm feeling nice today, here is a tiny snippet from Submerged. I should note that this book has only been through one round of edits, so text may, and probably will, change down the road.
“You’re going to be the death of me,” he moaned.

“Oh, shush, you love it.”

He chuckled. “That’s the problem.” I lifted my head and kissed his lower lip. Glate shuddered, digging his nails into my back. “Taylen,” he grunted. “Get some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow.” 
Like that was going to happen.
I moved in closer, eliminating any, and all, space between us. Glate’s body tensed, and I knew he was fighting to control himself. He tangled his legs between mine and wrapped his hand around the back of my neck. He titled my head up and parted his lips. “Come here.” Feeling accomplished, I kissed his shoulder and smiled. “Goodnight, Glate.”
Before you get the wrong idea about this book: Submerged is a story about survival and hope, but the relationship between Taylen and Glate kind of developed on its own. They begin as allies, two individuals eager to fight back against Troum, but they end up becoming much more. Don't worry, there's really only one chapter where their relationship is the central focus (chapter twelve). It's still a gritty novel with a ton of action scenes (Taylen and her knife are actually best friends).

Hopefully, once I finish editing this novel, I'll find an agent that loves it as much as I do. One can only hope. :)

As soon as I finish edits on Submerged, I plan on diving back into End It On This, the YA free verse novel I was working on. I need to step away from sci-fi/fantasy for a little bit.

And that's enough rambling for today.
I have a few more chapters of Program 13 to edit, and then I have to submit the paperback file for review so that I can order print ARCs. :)

<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment