- "Capture" is considered a new-adult book, and for that reason, publishers/agents aren't willing to take a chance on it. Something which I can understand. There isn't an actual market for new-adult YA books.
- "Program 13" is too much sci-fi, not enough romance. This is the thing, I'm not against romance. I just don't really write it. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't work with this story. This is a story about an internal struggle. It isn't about love. Which is precisely why I refuse to rewrite the story so that it is built around a romance.
I worked my butt off on these stories. Especially "Program 13". They may not appeal to everyone, which is entirely understandable. But they do have an audience; Figment and Wattpad have both proven this. So I'm going to release them (after professional edits are completed), because I believe they are worth releasing.
I am also planning to release "Submerged" on my own. I will be re-doing the cover, as a big six book just used the same stock photo on a recent release...and I just don't want to confuse readers. "Submerged" will be out by January 2013, the latest. I'm actually aiming to release it earlier than that (I'm hoping for October, but I can't promise that yet).
So here is the current release schedule:
- "Capture": August 2012
- "Program 13": September 2012
- "Is Love": September 2012 (eBook only; novelette)
- "Submerged": October 2012 (not set in stone)
- "We Are All Strangers: December 2012 (short story collection)
2013 releases (no dates yet):
- "Untitled Novella" (The Emile Reed Chronicles, Book 1.5)
- "Deprogrammed" (The Emile Reed Chronicles, Book 2)
- "Release" (Capture, book 2)
- "Untitled sci-fi YA novelette"
- "Untitled Novella" (The Emile Reed Chronicles, Book 2.5)
- "Running Scared" (surprise!)
And because I love you guys, you can read a newly revised version of The Yearning by heading over here. It'll be included in "We Are All Strangers" (and I may make it available on its own via Smashwords within the next week or two).