12.07.2020

Weekly Update: HUNTED, Audiobooks, and More!

2020 has been a strange year. We can all agree on this, of course. However, it has led to me finding my drive to write again - something I've been struggling with for a bit now. I've had a ton of half-started projects on my laptop that seemed to die after I hit the mid-way point.

This year, though, I've birthed new life into old books. I've also locked down a publishing schedule for 2021. Sticking to a schedule has been hard for me in recent years. I deal with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis, on top of PCOS, anemia, and terrible anxiety/depression. On their own? Each is bearable. When they all decide to hit at once, though? I'm useless. I'll spend my entire day in bed. Which is why I'm thrilled I've gotten so much done this year.

I released MY SOUL TO SAVE in the summer as part of InkSpell Publishing's MAGIC & MISCHIEF anthology. I released the third installment of the Guardians novella series, SERAPHINA. I wrote and released an unplanned Christmas novella: ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS.

Now, I'm putting the finishing touches on HUNTED. A standalone Young Adult vampire title I started earlier this year. It was an unplanned project. I hit 9K and ended up putting it on pause to work on other projects. It's finally almost done now, though, and I will begin submitting it to publishers in about two weeks. Here's a fun (unedited) sneak-peek.

“Normally I wouldn’t say this, but could you perhaps cover up?” Esme seemed on edge when she spoke. Her eyes were darker than usual. A tell-tale sign it was time for her to feed, and soon.

“I don’t know, I quite enjoy the view,” Felix teased.

“Of course, you do, you pig.” Esme rolled her eyes. “You’re playing with fire, Harley.”

“What’s wrong with a little danger?” It was like dangling a forbidden fruit in front of them. On one hand, I was pretty sure my blood wouldn’t have quenched their thirst. After all, it had been tainted by the venom. Still, blood was blood. “Besides these are merely my lounge clothes.”

“Lounging around a bunch of hungry vampires while looking like that isn’t the smartest idea.” Drake came strolling from the back of the house in nothing but a pair of black jeans. My mouth nearly dropped when I saw the way he was built underneath it all. How had he managed to hide that from me? And holy crap. “Trust me.”

I'm hoping to have some publishing news for HUNTED in January. So, keep your eyes peeled!

Audiobooks!

Guys, there are a lot of audiobooks coming from me. ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS is coming very, very soon. I submitted the final audiobook for review a week or two ago. The narrator did such a fantastic job. Audiobooks for COLLIDE: BOOK ONE, CAPTURE, REBOOTED, and ARABELLA are also in production now, too.

Speaking of Capture...

I intended on unpublishing CAPTURE. The book hadn't connected with readers like I had hoped, but I decided to simply make it Amazon exclusive. So yes, you can still grab it as an eBook and in paperback -- eBook will be out in 2021. Even better? It's now available as part of Kindle Unlimited.

It's a romance-heavy story with action tossed in. It's a weird story, yes, but I love Autumn and Ian too much to discard them. Plus, I still really want to write the sequel.

Radish Books!

Want some New Adult titles from me? Head to Radish. I have LEAVE ME HAUNTED and DEADLY LITTLE SECRET which I'm writing for the app. I'll be focusing on them full-time next week. This means chapters will be added more frequently. There is a certain amount of time these must be exclusive to Radish. Once that window is up, the books will be available on Amazon (they will be Amazon exclusive). If you want to read them now? Radish is the best way.

<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment