8.06.2016

Mini Review: Red Sonja: The Falcon Throne by Marguerite Bennett

Red Sonja: The Falcon Throne by Marguerite Bennett
Review Copy: Provided via NetGalley
Pre-Order: Amazon
Release Date: October 18th, 2016

Description From Goodreads:
Across the plains of Hyrkania, a message sweeps through the scattered peoples of the nation. Bells ring, horns blow, voices shout -- the King is dying! Red Sonja rides to save the King from his doom as the powers of Hyboria crowd around to strike when the kingdom is weakest. But a dread new power rises from within Hyrkania's own borders, bent on defending its homeland... no matter the cost, no matter what its people become. A defining chapter of the Red Sonja saga, dark, clever, vicious, and funny, as the She-Devil with a Sword must stop the rise of a brutal new regime: her own people!

My Review:
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is going to be a short review, but there isn't much to say except that I loved every page of this book.

The entire time I was reading this, I had a huge smile on my face.

"Red Sonja: The Falcon Throne" is such an excellent read. I've absolutely loved Marguerite Bennett's work with Angela for Marvel, and I've actually had her take on Red Sonja on my to-read list for some time now, but it wasn't until I saw this collection available on NetGalley that I finally took the dive and devoured Bennet's work with the character.

This is easily one of my favorite collections of the year. It's that good.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment