8.03.2016

Book Review: Wynonna Earp Volume 1: Homecoming (Wynonna Earp #1-6) by Beau Smith

Wynonna Earp Volume 1: Homecoming (Wynonna Earp #1-6)Wynonna Earp Volume 1: Homecoming by Beau Smith
Review Copy: Provided via NetGalley
Expected publication: October 25th 2016
Purchase: Amazon

Description From Goodreads:
The US Marshals Black Badge division has been fighting back against supernatural threats for decades. But even the toughest werewolf, most bloodthirsty vampire, or grisliest zombie knows there s one agent to avoid at all cost: Wynonna Earp. Descended from the legendary Wyatt Earp, Wynonna is dead set on bringing the unnatural to justice! Collects issues #1 6."

My Review:
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is one of those cases where I actually got into the television show prior to the comics, and I think that actually ruined my reading experience. Why? Because in this case, the show was actually better.

When I saw that NetGalley had "Wynonna Earp Volume 1: Homecoming" available for review, I jumped at the chance to read it, having come to enjoy SyFy's adaption of the comics. And while I know that adaptions are usually different takes on their source material, I still had some hope for the comics. Unfortunately, this was kind of a bore. Which was really surprising given that there are various paranormal creature, a sassy kick-ass female lead, and a great supporting cast.

Even still, if you have the time, I'd say Homecoming is worth a read. It does have its moments - mainly between Wynonna and Valdez - they are just few and far between, sadly.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment