7.04.2016

Mini Review: Fresh Romance, Vol. 1

I finally joined Goodreads again, which means I'm back to reviewing books. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to stop accepting requests from authors concerning reviews for a few months while I try and tackle my already absurd "to read" stack - er, stacks. To kick off my return to reviews, here's a mini one for Fresh Romance: Vol. 1!


Fresh Romance, Vol. 1Fresh Romance, Vol. 1 by Sarah Kuhn
Review Copy Provided By: Kickstarter (I was a funder)
Pre-Order: Amazon
Description From Goodreads: 
The critically-acclaimed anthology FRESH ROMANCE is finally available in print! Have you been wondering what the fuss is all about? FRESH ROMANCE is an exciting collection of romance comics from some of comics most talented creators, including Kate Leth, Arielle Jovellanos, Sarah Vaughn, Sarah Winifred Searle, Sarah Kuhn, Marguerite Bennett, and Trungles. From unhappy historical marriages to covert teenage romances, there s something for everyone in FRESH ROMANCE."

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The first FRESH ROMANCE volume was a pure delight.

If there's one reason alone to give this a try, it's for THE RUBY EQUATION which is a fun story. But honestly, this collection does a rather great job at telling important stories in such a short amount of pages. From stories about the struggles of the LGBTQ community, to those of individuals fearful of falling in love, to those hesitant to open up to a new love due to their pasts. The stories vary greatly and they all tell important stories within fantastical settings. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment