8.21.2014

Release Dates! Pre-Orders on Amazon!

So here is what's going on.
I've uploaded Stouthearted to KDP. It now has a release date - a definite release date - and you're also able to pre-order it exclusively on Amazon. (I will do the pre-order function on the other channels in mid September.)

What is the release date? October 21st, 2014!
Now, before you decide to hurt me, keep reading. There's a reason you have to wait a bit longer.

The eBook will be priced at $2.99 for two weeks only. After that it'll go up to $3.99.

I've also uploaded Arabella, which is actually releasing before Stouthearted. I know, I know. Don't kill me. Here's why I decided to release Arabella first: It's a standalone novella. I don't expect sales to be good. Short stories really don't sell well as it is. So I don't intend on doing much when it comes to promoting it at this moment. (I will definitely work on promo down the line, but for right now, it is not high on my list.) So expect Arabella to hit your Kindles on September 21st, 2014.

With Stouthearted, however, I need to promote it. I need to contact book blogs. I need to get the word out. Which is why you have to wait two more months for the book. I need time to get all of this in order. On the plus side? you get Arabella in exactly one month, and then one month after that? You get Stouthearted! =D

Again, I never meant for the book release to take so long. Life has been kind of an asshole over these past couple of months. A really big asshole.

Now that things are starting to calm down, I'm finally able to work on my books.

A few more details on Arabella:
  • It will be $1.99 in the Kindle store.
  • There will not be a paperback release.
  • It's more of a New Adult title than a Young Adult title.
  • It was inspired by my love of Black Widow and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so you can expect Arabella to be witty and strong.
  • It really is a standalone.
  • I initially had no intention of publishing this story. I wrote it as a distraction piece, but then I ended up falling in love with the characters, so now you guys will get to read it. =)
Now, what will I be publishing for the rest of the year?
Since I hit so many bumps this year, I haven't had much time to sit down and write, so I need to adjust my release schedule. Some things will be pushed back to 2015. Again, I'm sorry, but I needed to take care of family matters and that took priority of my writing.

Here is what I can promise will be out this year:
The Untold Stories -- A collection of short stories featuring various characters from the Emile Reed Chronicles (digital exclusive)
The Program Manual -- A fun Emile Reed Chronicles (digital exclusive)
As We Fall -- The first in a YA sci-fi duology; it has aliens and an awesome heroine named Raven.
 
And that is all that I'm guaranteeing for this year.
I really wanted to have Rebirth ready for 2014, but I don't see that happening now. The thing with Rebirth is that I really want it to offer a different viewpoint of Charles McVeigh. I want to have the chance to explore his character more, so I have every intention of making Rebirth longer than the other Emile Reed books. He's a jerk, yes, but underneath that, there's definitely more to him and I want to take the time to show that.

I do want to release Decoding Evie and Collide, too, but we'll see. I'm debating on using pen names. Both stories are incredibly different from what you guys have come to expect from me. Most of my stuff is science fiction, so to publish two contemporary romances under the same brand? I'm still iffy on it. Also? Collide is getting a new title to stand out better.

And for those that have started reading Stouthearted on Wattpad? I will be uploading the final version on Wattpad in about three weeks.

On why I haven't been around:
If you've been following my Facebook updates, which have been quite sporadic, you know that the reason I kind of went quiet is because my grandfather had a stroke and was admitted to the hospital. He was moved to the first rehab earlier this month, and they just moved him to the new rehab last Monday. I haven't been able to visit him in a few days since I've been sick and we don't want him getting sick, but he's slowly starting to get better. He has his good days and he has his bad days, sometimes more bad than good, but he is a fighter and I'm just hoping that he'll be back home soon enough.
There have been a few other factors - of which I can't talk about because there are just a bit too personal to discuss on here - that have made things difficult as of late. What I can say is that it involves a sibling of mine. It's not an easy situation at all, and I don't see it getting any easier anytime soon, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I do appreciate those of you that have been willing to work with me.
I've had a few people get aggravated with me, and I understand that, I do. But again, family comes first. July was a complete jerk. That's the nicest way of putting it. Having lost my step-grandfather (from my mother's side), having had my grandfather (on my father's side) admitted to the hospital, and having gone through a few other things with one of my siblings... it hasn't been an easy road. I never intended for Arabella and Stouthearted to be released to dang late, but life happens, and there's nothing I can do but go with the punches thrown.

So yes, I am sorry about all of the delays.
But I had to take care of me and my family first.

I <3 all of you, and I will be doing two giveaways next week to make up for being away for so long. Also? Any authors that I owe a review to, to make up for falling off track, I will do promo posts for your books as well as host a giveaway for each one. (I will gift the copies through Amazon, you don't need to do anything.)

<3 Nicole

P.S. I'm waiting on the pre-order links to go live on Amazon. They should be up within the next three hours. =)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole!! I'm new to your blog. I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sending him well-wishes!!

    ReplyDelete