6.10.2014

Book Review: Perfect 10 by Erin McCarthy.

Perfect 10Perfect 10 by Erin McCarthy
Published May 1st 2014 by Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin 
Review Copy: Provided via NetGalley
Purchase: Amazon -- Barnes & Noble

Description from Goodreads:
Katrina’s Lesson in Social Media Disasters

or How Technology Can Bite You In The A**

Katrina Phillips is an expert social media manager. But that doesn’t mean she can’t make mistakes. Horrible, hide-in-your-closet-forever mistakes... like accidentally syncing her BootyBook app with her online profiles.

Blammo. Now everyone in the world can see who Katrina has dated and how they rated in appearance, sexual performance, and (OMG) detailed descriptions of their manly parts! Now her phone is blowing up with irate exes—and an out-of-the-blue text from the only guy who came close to a perfect score...

Katrina has had a thing for Drew Jordan since forever ago, even if a booze-fuelled one-nighter did destroy their friendship. So why is he suddenly texting her now—and is it because she rated his Sexy Staff Of Manliness as “magnificent”? Now the only way to satisfy her curiosity is to reunite with Drew... and rate him all over again!


My Review:
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

PERFECT 10 was a quick, fun read, but I found that it really lacked a story. Everything moved rather quickly, and in the end? It was all wrapped up in a neat little bow.

I don't mind happy endings, but I think there should be work towards those happy endings. Nothing ever works out as perfectly as things do between Katrina and Drew in PERFECT 10.

I *did* like how the story unfolded, with it all starting due to a technological error on Katrina's behalf. I can see that happening to someone in real life. (Although, I would hope it wouldn't be with something like "BootyBook"; if you're going to keep track of that, keeping it stored on a website just screams bad idea.)

I was eager to see where McCarthy was going to take the story after the opening chapter, but I found the reunion with Drew to be too much, too quickly. I understand that they were best friends, and I do believe that it is possible to jump back into that kind of friendship even after a long space of time apart. What I didn't buy was how easily things progressed between them physically.

All in all, PERFECT 10 is a fun read worth checking out if you're looking for something quick to devour. However, I found in the end that I needed more conflict, more story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment