And for a refresher, here's the cover for SUBMERGED:
Christa of Paper & Sage Design worked on this cover for me, and I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. It's a lot lighter than the cover for SUBMERGED, but there is a reason for that. Think of it as a light at the end of the tunnel type thing.
This book is a bit different than SUBMERGED. This isn't Taylen going after Troum to rescue her sister. The journey she goes on in the sequel is a lot bigger than that, and it comes with a lot more risks.
What I can say so far:
1. General Hack plays a large part in the sequel.
2. There's a hell of a lot more to the Outbreak than Taylen and company know. (Again, Hack plays a large part in this sequel, so expect him to be involved heavily.)
3. There are plenty of Taylen and Glate moments. And no, the sequel doesn't enter love triangle territory.
4. Some characters will die. This is a dystopian story, not everyone is going to live.
5. We do learn more about Troum and his involvement with the Outbreak, as well as with General Hack.
6. Lots of secrets!
Once I finish this draft, I plan on taking a week or two to work on something else before I start editing it. As soon as I enter the editing stage, I'll announce a release date. It won't be too long of a wait, I promise. I'm actually re-reading SUBMERGED right now, so now that I'm back in that world, I'm finally ready to sit down and write!
Concerning the SUBMERGED prequel novella: There is still a possibility that I'll do this down the line, but it would feature all new characters. I need to finish a few other projects before I even consider starting this, though.
P.S. I'm not done with cover reveals just yet! Over the next couple of months, I'll be working with Carrie of Forward Authority Design Services to unveil new covers for the rest of the Emile Reed Chronicles!