1.22.2014

Late Teaser Tuesday: Rebooted (The Emile Reed Chronicles, 3)!




It's a day late, but here is a long teaser from Rebooted (The Emile Reed Chronicles, 3)!


A low humming sound filled the otherwise silent air.
The flesh treatment sprayed out of the sides of the Pod, cascading down onto my still body. I tried to ignore the nagging feeling that I wasn’t alone, choosing to believe it was nothing more than an overactive mind. Whatever it was, I knew that something was wrong.
I wasn’t sure where I was, or how I’d gotten here, but the dark walls and light humming noise were indicators that I didn’t want to know.
I tried to pull myself forward, but I couldn’t move. My hard drive was still locked into place, forcing me to remain still inside of the Pod. Electricity surged throughout my body before settling in my core.
With each surge of power, I wanted to scream out in agony.
What had they done to me? My power levels were low, and my thoughts blurred. Everything was coming in in bits and pieces – none of it making much sense.
 “Do you know where you are?” a voice asked.
I tried to focus on the approaching figure, curious to know who it was, but it was impossible to see anything more than a blurred outline. My programming was trying to shut down everything I’d fought so hard to protect – me. It was trying to override my natural reactions, my human identity.
Thirteen was trying to reclaim what I’d taken back from her yet again, but this time was different from the others. I could feel her battling for control over my thoughts and my actions. I could feel her trying to break through. I could hear her thoughts as though they were my own. She was much stronger than she’d ever been before. And I was weaker than I’d ever felt before.
“Who are you?” I asked, my voice hoarse with exhaustion.
“Think, Emile. You know who I am,” they said, and I did. I recognized that voice. It was the voice of the boy I’d once dreamed of a future with. The voice of a boy that I never thought I’d get to see again. 
“Tommy?”
This is the last teaser I'll be sharing from the book since the release date is nearing closer. And well, I don't want to spoil anything! There's a lot that happens in this book. A lot.
I can't say much, but I do ask that when you start the book, you don't assume anything going into the book. There are a lot of secrets that are revealed in this final novel. It's an emotional read with a happy ending of sorts, I promise. =)

Pre-Orders for Rebooted will be available beginning 1/27/14, and the eBook will be available on 1/31/14! During its release week, Rebooted will be available for $1.99. After that, it'll go up to $3.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment