12.28.2013

Review: Her Valentine Fantasy by Nancy Warren!

Her Valentine FantasyHer Valentine Fantasy by Nancy Warren
Expected publication: January 14th 2014 by Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin
Review Copy: From NetGalley
Pre-Order: Amazon -- Barnes & Noble

Description From Goodreads:
Tonight's sinful dessert special...Valentine's Fantasy

The tasty dish from Benedict restaurant is everything Jessica Lafayette could want... or crave. And it's not the dessert in front of her--it's her waiter. A guy with dark, intense eyes that suggest he wants to slowly lick whipped cream off her skin. A smile so wicked it makes her insides lava-cake gooey. And a too-hot-to-handle body that was meant to be tasted...

Yup, Sam The Waiter is better than chocolate.

But what Jessica doesn't know is that her one-night-waiter is actually Sam Benedict, Upscale Restaurateur. And that her little lie about being from out of town is going to turn into a Big Deal. Now Jessica is in deep hot chocolate... because her Valentine Fantasy is starting to look a lot like a red-hot reality!


My Review:
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed Her Valentine Fantasy, it’s a cute romance, but out of all the Red Hot Cosmo Reads that I’ve read recently? It has to be my least favorite.
This isn’t because it’s a bad read. It’s not. I did find it to be entertaining, but honestly, it didn’t feel like a complete story. It felt like a teaser for what was still to come. There were still a lot of things unanswered by the end of the story, and honestly? I never connected with the characters.
The story is about Jessica, an event planner that meets Sam, the owner of a hot restaurant, while on a crappy date. It’s a meeting that ignites a steamy, fast-moving romance. Unfortunately, though their relationship moves quickly and they talk about the longing that they feel, it never really took off for me.
If you’re looking for a quick read, then Her Valentine Fantasy will work. I’m sure there are readers that’ll love this story. It just wasn’t my favorite.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment