10.13.2013

New to My Shelves!

Purchased:
  • Out of Line by Jen McLaughlin -- I read this book last month and I loved it, so I decided to purchase a paperback copy for my shelf.
  • The Iron King: Volume 1 by Julie Kagawa (Goodreads Author), Sara Gundell, Lidia Chan (Illustrator) -- I loved the Iron Fey series, so I had to get this.
Gifted:
  • Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz -- This was through BookMooch. I've had this book on my TBR pile for some time now, so I'm excited about reading it soon.
eBooks Purchased:
  • The Waves (The Island #2) by Jen Minkman -- I should have my review posted for this one within the week.
  • Arclight (Arclight #1) by Josin L. McQuein -- This was a Kindle Daily Deal.
  • The Only One by Magan Vernon -- I have yet to read The Only Exception, but this companion novel sounds like it'll be a good read.
  • Shucked by Megg Jensen -- Kindle Freebie
And this is where I'm going to be a bit personal.
This past week has been hell for me. I can't really go into exact detail as to what is going on, as it is something I'm still trying to come to terms with. What I will say is that, if you know someone suffering from addiction, please, try to help them - don't give up on them.
I'm going to be around. I'm not going away, but if I'm not online as much, know that it I'm not ignoring anyone. I'm just having a hard time right now. It's very hard to stay focused when all I want to do is curl up in my bed and hide.

Collide will still be available later this month, don't worry. I'm actually working on it right now. It's helping to cheer me up a bit, so it's a nice distraction.

For now, here is an unedited teaser:

I took one look at him, at the concern in his eyes, at the warmth in his smile, and I decided it was worth it. Although that too could’ve been a side effect of the alcohol, honestly. All I knew was that, the moment I opened my mouth, the words escaped so easily that I’d found myself questioning if I’d really just admitted the truth aloud – to him.
 I wanted to have the synopsis up by now, but I suck at writing them, and I keep deleting whatever I write, so I don't have a final one just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment