9.06.2013

Looking Back at "Capture"!

While I was cleaning up the other day, I stumbled upon some interesting things: the original outline for Capture (I used this during NaNoWriMo 2010), handwritten pages from the original draft, and the original draft of Crave (a vampire novel that will never see the light of day).

I figured it would be cool to share the beginnings of my writing journey. Crave was technically the first book that I'd ever written, and well, it sucks, so I like to pretend that it doesn't exist. Capture followed shortly after. It was my NaNo project from 2010, and while some people don't care for it, I love it because I love Autumn and Ian. It's a strange book. It's upper YA (not quite NA), it has magic, it is set in a made-up world, and there is just as much romance as there is violence. It's a strange little book, Capture, but I still love it. :)

I figured it would be neat to share these things with you guys, so here you go:




(These are riddled with mistakes. I tend to jot down notes quickly, which leads to a lot of misspellings of words and such.)

P.S. I took Capture down from all retailers, but you can still download the book for free through Smashwords if you'd like. Or if you'd prefer a paperback, I'll send you a link where you can still purchase a copy. And I still do intend to write the sequel, I'm just not sure how I plan to go about releasing it just yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment