8.20.2013

An Update on Collide!

This book has been pushed back time and time again (seriously, I originally planned on a February release). And as much as that has sucked, I'm actually happy I pushed the book back. It developed into something much more after I started reworking it, and honestly, I'm happy with how it is turning out.

Now, I won't give you a release date because I don't want to get you all excited for nothing. BUT! I am planning an October release.

I'm going out of town the first week of October to see White Lies, so I won't be around for close to a week. My goal is to have Collide out by then. Things can always change but October is my goal.

I posted a teaser on my Facebook page featuring Nate and Gemma the other day. For those that missed it, here you go:
“Anything else, miss?” The bartender asked, throwing a white towel over his shoulder.
I shook my head no, leaning on the bar counter.
I’d never been much of a drinker, mainly because I tended to do stupid things under the influence of alcohol. And by stupid things, I didn’t mean just calling every one of my exes at two o’clock in the morning. No, by stupid things, I meant trying to get into my best friend’s pants.
That was the downside to having an incredibly attractive best friend. It was easy to keep my hormones in check when I was sober, but when I was drunk? All logic went out the door.
“Are you sure about that?” Nate took a seat beside me, a shit-eating-grin wide on his face. “I think the drunken Gemma show is exactly what I need to fix this boring night.”
I turned to glare at him, choosing to ignore the bartender’s smirk.
Another stupid thing I’d done under the influence of alcohol? Made out with Nate, who just so happened to be Ben’s cousin.
Needless to say, I’d made it a habit of watching my alcohol intake. Although, even though I hated to admit it, I wasn’t entirely ashamed of my Nate mishap. After all, the boy was gorgeous at six-foot-three with the body of an MMA fighter. His spiked blond locks highlighted his stunning blue eyes. Yeah, definitely attractive, I thought, but not nearly as attractive as Ben.
Nate caught me staring. “You know,” he moved in closer so that his lips were inches from my ear, “My place is only about five minutes away-“
Before he could finish what he was saying, I threw my elbow out, hitting him in the abdomen. “As I’ve said before, Nate, that night was merely a lapse in judgment on my behalf. I can assure you that it will never happen again.”

Don't worry, I promise, there isn't a love triangle in this one. ;)

I'll leave you with my favorite song off the new White Lies album...

<3
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment