12.08.2012

Book Review: Infliction (Hell Bent/Heaven Sent #4) by Isobel Lucas

Infliction (Hell Bent/Heaven Sent #4)Infliction by Isobel Lucas
Published: December 4th 2012 by 80 Pages, Inc 
Review Copy: Purchased
Purchase: Amazon

Description from Amazon:
***Due to language and sexual situations, this ebook is rated for ages 17 and up***

Raven stumbles upon humanity's worst fears while she's trying to escape the paparazzi. She and Ian decide to battle, for humanity and their love, by challenging both Heaven and Hell.

Infliction is the fourth episode in a series of five novelettes (10,000 - 15,000 words) releasing every two weeks starting October 23rd. Due to sex and language, this is recommended for readers 17 and up.

Hell Bent Heaven Sent:

#1 On Raven's Wings - October 23rd
#2 Signs and Portents - November 6th
#3 The Defiler's Throne - November 20th
#4 Infliction - December 4th
#5 Metamorphosis - December 18th

My Review:
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m truly enjoying the Hell Bent/Heaven Sent series by Isobel Lucas. While Infliction wasn’t my favorite installment (that title still belongs to The Defiler's Throne), I found it to be an easy read that left me eager for more.

Infliction picks up where The Defiler's Throne leaves off. After losing her virginity to Ian, Raven finds herself on the receiving end of a sex talk from her father, which results in a visit to a nearby Walgreens, which then results in a zombie attack. In all honesty, I didn’t really care for Fred when he was introduced, mainly because I didn’t actually see what he brought to the story. And I kind of missed Triniti in this one, but there is still one installment left, and I will undoubtedly be purchasing that one the second it goes on-sale to see how Raven’s story ends.

I know that novelettes aren’t exactly popular given their short length (it is hard to tell a story in shorter installments), but Lucas has managed to craft an exciting series with Hell Bent/Heaven Sent.

I’m seriously dreading the wait for Metamorphosis because I seriously need to know what happens next.

View all my reviews

My reviews for the rest of the series can be found under the Book Reviews tab!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment