11.19.2012

Novelette Review: The Defiler's Throne (Hell Bent/Heaven Sent #3) by Isobel Lucas

The Defiler's Throne (Hell Bent/Heaven Sent #3)The Defiler's Throne by Isobel Lucas
Review Copy: Purchased
Purchase: Amazon ($0.99)
Published On: November 13th 2012 by 80 Pages, Inc 

Description from Amazon:
***Due to language and sexual situations, this eBook is rated for ages 17 and up***

It seems like everyone is either lying to Raven or out to kill her. She and the super-sexy Ian face some major trials and tribulations, and together they make a choice that will change the fate of the world.

The Defiler's Throne is the third episode in a series of five novelettes (10,000 - 15,000 words) releasing every two weeks starting October 23rd. Due to sex and language, this is recommended for readers 17 and up.

My Review:
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Out of the three novelettes that have been released in this series so far, The Defiler's Throne is easily my favorite.

What I enjoyed most about The Defiler's Throne is that I never knew what to expect. No one is who you think they are; Raven's mother, Xavier, Triniti... they are all harboring their own secrets.

The Defiler's Throne picks up shortly after where Signs and Portents leaves off in Raven's mother's apartment. Raven confronts her mother after learning that she isn't being held against her will, but the woman Raven knew as her mother is long gone. It is obviously an emotional scene, and it helps to set up the rest of the story.

I'm not quite sure how to review this installment without giving anything away - seriously, I want to discuss Raven and Ian, and Raven and Xavier, but I can't without spoiling the story - so I'll just say this: if you haven't started this series yet, you're missing out.

View all my reviews

My reviews for the series so far:
  1. On Raven's Wings (Hell Bent/Heaven Sent #1) by Isobel Lucas 
  2. Signs and Portents (Hell Bent/Heaven Sent #2) by Isobel Lucas  

No comments:

Post a Comment