9.16.2012

New to My Shelves (07)

Instead of doing In My Mailbox, I'm going to start doing New to My Shelves every Sunday. I'll post about the books I've bought/received, as well as updating on my projects.


Books purchased:



eBooks purchased this week:
  • Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death #1) by Bethany Griffin
  • The Deepest Cut (MacKinnon Curse #1) by J.A. Templeton
  • Angel Fire (Angel #2) by L.A. Weatherly 
  • Dead & Gone (Benny Imura #2.5) by Jonathan Maberry
  • Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura #3) by Jonathan Maberry
  • On Dublin Street by Samantha Young (adult title)
  • The Ghost and the Graveyard by Genevieve Jack (adult title)
  • The Curse Girl by Kate Avery Ellison 
  • Unraveling (Unraveling #1) by Elizabeth Norris
  • Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Psst...Masque of the Red Death and Forgotten are only $2.99 on Amazon, guys. Click the book covers to go to their Amazon pages.

Writing Updates:

An update on The Yearning: I originally planned on writing a novelette series that would be available beginning January 2013. That plan has changed. There will now be two full length novels. One will continue where The Yearning leaves off - that novel is currently titled Survival Instinct, but that'll change down the line. The other novel will be a prequel novel that'll feature all new characters. It'll explain how the Facility came to be, and what led to the zombie outbreak. The bad news is that I plan to query the novel beginning this December, so I can't actually promise when you guys will be able to read more about Harper. But I might do a Keegan short that will explain how he was bitten and how he ended up at the Facility. It depends on when I can fit it in (I actually have a set writing schedule for the next few months).

I still have no updates on Submerged. Hopefully that'll change sooner or later, but for right now, I'm just going to keep my head up and continue querying my little heart out.

Collide: This is the first contemporary story I will have completed (Decoding Evie was a contemporary novella that I stopped writing five chapters in). People are probably going to be weary of reading a NA contemporary title from me, especially since I tend to kill off characters no problem (don't worry, no one dies in this one), but I'm really proud of this book. I'm only a few chapters in, as I'm not scheduled to really dive into it until next month, but I love it so far. Gemma and Cole's story will touch on some serious issues, but there will be a ton of swoon-worthy moments, as well as lots of humor, I promise. And I'm rather certain you will all love Cole. ;)

Off to finish Gustav Gloom and the People Taker so that I can post my review tomorrow. Seriously, I don't read many MG novels, but this book is worth checking out - I love it.

If you haven't already, make sure to enter my giveaway (here)! I'm also throwing in some swag (that isn't listed on that page):


Swag included:
  • Elemental temporary tattoo
  • Signed Elemental bookmark
  • Signed Cloud Prophet Trilogy bookmark
  • Signed Swarm Trilogy bookmark
  • Perfection bookmark
  • Amarok bookmark
I'm a bit of a SPH fangirl, as well as a Megg Jensen fangirl so I figured I'd share the love. :)

<3 Nicole

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading Angel Fire right now and I really like it! :)
    Inbetween seems great: I'll add it to my WL =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad to hear that Angel Fire is good. I really need to read it soon. I loved Angel Burn, so I have no excuse for putting it off this long.

      Happy reading!
      :)

      Delete