But there has been a lot going on this week:
- Capture is now available in paperback! Unfortunately, CreateSpace will not let me list it any cheaper. I'm not sure why it's more expensive than Program 13 (which is actually longer). My guess is that CS dislikes me. It happens.
- I added Collide to Goodreads. Again, the cover and description won't be released until October, but you can at least add it to your "to-read" shelf on Goodreads. It is a New Adult title, for those unaware, it definitely isn't for my usual audience. It's also a contemporary novel about love. Basically: it's the exact opposite of what I usually write. ;)
- I finished the covers for the entire Emile Reed series...but you won't be able to see them until later this month. Something that I think you guys will like: Colton is actually shown on his novella!
- I'm working on finishing up Is Love. It was originally meant to be a standalone novelette, but I think it'd work best as a novelette series. There will be three novelettes, all around 10-15k words. The first will release in December and the other two will follow in 2013.
- I decided to take down Program 12 from Smashwords. I love Smashwords, but it seemed like no one was purchasing my books from there. It's now up on Amazon, but I'll also have it available for free on the blog as a PDF download. I'll update the "My Books" page this weekend with a PDF link.
- I'm working on some swag for Capture, Program 13 and Collide. I'm thinking of planning a blog tour for Collide, but I'm still trying to figure out how to go about doing that. So we'll see.
My current writing schedule:
- Have Submerged ready to go by September 18th (the latest). I'm giving myself a deadline to finish edits on this beast. It is nearly ready, I just need to learn that napping won't help me to finish these edits. Neither will watching Leverage for hours at a time.
- Finish Loss of Time (SPH short story submission) ASAP. I only have 2k words left to go, so it should be complete by this weekend.
- Finish Is Love by the end of September. I don't have much left to write/edit, so it should be complete on time.
- Finish the first draft of Collide by November. I've already started Collide, so it's just a matter of sitting down and finishing it. Since it is a contemporary novel, it'll complete at around 45k-50k words (instead of my usual 65k-70k words). Scheduled for a March 2013 release.
- Finish the first draft of Survival Instinct (The Yearning, # 1) by mid October.
- Finish writing Allegiance by the end of October (only 10k, this won't be hard). Plus I get to write from a human perspective this go round, so it'll be a lot easier to tap into Alexis' mind.
- Work on Deprogrammed for NaNoWriMo. The first draft will be complete by December, then there will be a few months of edits before it releases in May 2013.
Just a heads up: I'm going to be closing to review requests temporarily, only because I have a ton of ARCs that I need to make my way through first.
Edited to add: I made a few changes to the covers for the Emile Reed shorts so that they'll work better with the other covers. So here are the new covers for Program 12 and Allegiance: