7.28.2012

Saturday Update.


My final proof of Capture arrived yesterday. There are a few things I need to fix in Capture still (mainly missing/misplaced commas), but for the most part, it is ready for release on August 20th.

Here's a random snippet taken from pages 111-112:
"I really need to remember to block my thoughts."

"Oh, come on," he pulled me closer towards him. "Why are you so scared?"

"Because the second that I let this conversation happen, I'll be letting my walls down. No matter what answer you give me, you'll have some sort of power over me, and I don't want that." I pushed past him, plopping down on the bed, not bothering to remove my boots.

I could feel the mattress sink beside me. Ian ran his fingers through my hair. "Come here," he spoke softly. "Please." I pushed myself into a sitting position, and moved closer to him, leaning my head on Ian's shoulder. "I like this, a lot. It feels nice." Ian lifted my chin so that I was forced to look directly at him, and then he leaned in to kiss me.
Along with working on edits for Capture and Program 13, I've been working like a madwoman on Submerged. I decided to rewrite the second half of the book. I loved the first version, don't get me wrong, but even I could see that the island plot was not working. The new ending, which leaves room for a sequel, flows a lot better. I'm really, really happy with this book, and I can't wait to begin the query process within the next month or two. I think you guys will like Taylen. She isn't perfect, but she's tough and she fights for what she believes in.


I'm taking the weekend to work on Submerged, which means no book reviews until next week (Semi-Charmed Life, which is an extremely fun read, and Spark, the sequel to Glow). I'm hoping to sneak in a third review for next week (possibly Settling or How to Break Up With an Alien), but it depends on how far I get in these rewrites. If you see me messing around on Twitter, feel free to yell at me because I should be writing. ;)

I'll leave you with this: Florence and the Machine "No Light, No Light". This song fits Lex and Taylen perfectly.

<3 Nicole

P.S. You can read the first seven chapter of Capture over here.You can also get a feel for Is Love by heading over here, just keep in mind that this is from the rough draft. Is Love will be released in late 2012/early 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment