3.22.2012

Let the games begin!

I'll be heading to a midnight showing of The Hunger Games tonight, and while I'm there, I plan on working on Submerged (and talking my friend into reading what I've written so far).

In honor of The Hunger Games finally hitting the big screen, I'm sharing a small snippet from Submerged (my current WIP). This book was inspired by The Hunger Games. It's a dystopian with a tough as nails heroine, and I'm really enjoying writing it:


“Just please, think of your sister at least, Taylen.”
My mother turned away, wrapping her arms tightly around her chest. Her light brown hair fell around her face, sticking to her cheeks as the tears fell from her eyes. I stood there watching, unable to comfort her, unable to promise that I’ll stop acting out. Because I know that I won’t. I know that, until Troum is defeated, I will continue to resist. Because I have hope of a better future, of a life outside of here. I have hope, and I won’t allow them to steal that from me too.

Note: this is still a work in progress so thing may change.

May the odds be ever in your favor! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment