3.29.2012

Drafting "Submerged".


For those unaware:"Submerged" originally started out as The Little Mermaid meets Water World. Taylen Fincher (the heroine in "Submerged"), was loosely based on Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Jade, who will narrate the first companion novel, is based Princess Jasmine from Aladdin, and Willow, who will narrate the second, and final, companion novel is based off of Snow White. I drew inspiration for their appearances, as well as their personalities, from these characters. "Submerged" and the companion novels, are all dystopian tales. They are all linked, and each character's story is a part of something bigger. Taylen, Jade and Willow have to fight for survival, for hope.

I loved writing Capture, as that was the first novel I'd written (I prefer to overlook Crave). And I loved writing Program 13. But Submerged is my favorite project to date. Its a dystopian, and I know that agents are beginning to back away from dystopians right now, but I'm okay with that because I'm mainly writing this book for me. This project has been eating away at me since last August. I'm sure had I sat down back then, I could've knocked out a terrible first draft easily. But I didn't. The story has changed so much since then. The flood has changed. Taylen has changed. The world has changed. Everything has changed, and it is for the better.

I'm also still working on End It On This and Running Scared, both of which will be completed by August. I'll be looking for beta readers for these projects soon, if you're interested, please let me know.

To end this, I'll leave you with who I picture as Taylen:
She was perfect as Foxface.

No comments:

Post a Comment