1.21.2015

Review: Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe!

Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & SorceryRat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe
Paperback, 128 pages
Published: April 8th 2014 by Image ComicsReview Copy: Provided via NetGalley
Purchase: Amazon
Description From Goodreads:
Who are the Rat Queens?

A pack of booze-guzzling, death-dealing battle maidens-for-hire, and they're in the business of killing all god's creatures for profit.

It's also a darkly comedic sass-and-sorcery series starring Hannah the Rockabilly Elven Mage, Violet the Hipster Dwarven Fighter, Dee the Atheist Human Cleric and Betty the Hippy Smidgen Thief. This modern spin on an old school genre is a violent monster-killing epic that is like Buffy meets Tank Girl in a Lord of the Rings world on crack!

Collecting Rat Queens #1-5!


My Review:
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I’m going to keep this short and sweet: RAT QUEENS: VOLUME 1 is vulgar, insane, and entirely enjoyable.

I’ve been meaning to read this series since the series was optioned for an animated TV series – that was back in summer of 2014. I finally got around to checking the first volume out when I stumbled across it on NetGalley, and now I’m kicking myself for waiting so long.

I love female centric comics. I love diversity in comics. I enjoy crude humor. I adore complex characters. And I absolutely love well written/illustrated battle scenes. RAT QUEENS has all of that. This first volume was pure fun. I don’t know any other way to describe it other than by saying RAT QUEENS is an absolute joyride.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment