1.12.2015

New to My Shelves!


I only picked up one book this week, and that was Writing Screenplays That Sell: The Complete Guide... by Michael Hauge. My goal for 2015? To write an original movie screenplay and an original TV pilot. Unfortunately, it's a lot harder to do either of those when you're used to writing novels and short stories. Still, it's something I've been passionate about for a few years now, and I'm determined to make it a reality in 2015.

Edited to Add:
I forgot that I also picked up a copy of Dark Days by Kate Ormand!

As for comics, a few of the comics I pre-ordered finally came in:
S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

I think there were a few more, too, but I don't know where I put them at the moment. (The joys of rearranging a room.) As you can see, I ordered multiple copies of S.H.I.E.L.D. I usually don't order multiple copies unless it's a title I'm really excited about. And honestly? I loved the variant covers more than the standard cover... especially the Marvel ladies cover!

Sorry for the silence over the weekend! I'm actually on a bit of a mini vacation until Wednesday, so I've been using my spare time to reorganize my room since I have new furniture coming in. I figured it would be a one day thing... we're now on day four, I believe. So yeah, I've been super busy!

On the plus side? I've also found some time to write! ;)

In news-you-probably-missed-since-Facebook-hates-me:
1. Bradley from STOUTHEARTED is getting his own novella! It'll detail his experience after the Outbreak, which is drastically different from the world Taylen came to know. And yes, it'll also explore his relationship with his boyfriend.
2. ARABELLA fans that have been asking for more: You'll be happy to know that ARABELLA exists within the same universe as THE SHADOW PROGRAM (the novel I'm writing over on Wattpad). I'll be updating it (finally) tomorrow afternoon. ARABELLA will make an appearance during next week's update, but I'm really excited. I love her character, and I love where THE SHADOW PROGRAM is going.
3. I'm nearing the finish line on THE UNTOLD STORIES. Expect an official release date to be announced in early February. (Same goes for COLLIDE #2!)

P.S. If you're a Marvel fan, I have a fan-blog over here. It only covers the film & television side of things, though. I don't have the time to be able to cover the comics, haha.


And if you haven't already, you should watch AGENT CARTER. I love, love, love kick-ass ladies that are also well written and human, and Peggy Carter is exactly that. (Also, the show has two female show-runners! That's a big deal!) If you're worried about it being too comic-bookish for you, no need to worry. Yes, it's connected to the Marvel film & television world, but it also stands on its own. The best way to describe it is as ALIAS set in the 1940's.
<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment