9.24.2014

Happy Release Day, ARABELLA!

Today, you can officially read Arabella!
This both excites me and terrifies me to no end. I adore these characters, and I loved writing this story, so of course, I've already convinced myself


Purchase Links:

Description:
After twenty-something years living as a weapon for Bilson Corporations, I decided that I wanted something else for my life – something more.
I wanted more. But at what cost?
I wanted to belong to the world that I had been sworn to protect, to be more than a shadow amongst the night.
But my life was not my own to control.
I have made plenty of terrible mistakes in my life, but with each mistake comes a chance to start over, to make things right. And I will see to it that I do just that.
My name is Arabella, and I am more than a weapon.
ARABELLA is a standalone New Adult novella. It is complete at approximately 17,000 words. 

As of right now, Arabella is currently a digital exclusive. Depending on how sales go and if I see a lot of interest, I may consider doing a paperback edition.

There are a few quick things that I wanted to touch on concerning Arabella:
1. The format in which it is told was inspired by my love of comics. For those that read comics, you've probably noticed that a lot of them use flashbacks to tell the story. I decided to go this route with Arabella to tell a complete story within sixty-six pages.
2. It is priced at $1.99, which may seem a bit high for a novella, but there's a good reason for this. With each purchase, I earn $0.70. That may seem like a lot when it comes to author earnings, but once you factor in the costs of cover design and editing? I'll be lucky to break-even. (It's also worth noting that novellas generally do not sell well, which I've experienced already with No Place Like Home. So, I have to price it accordingly.
3. It is a one shot. I have no plans for a sequel, at all. Of course, if people respond well to it, that could always change down the line.
4. I should point out that, while this is a New Adult novella, don't expect sexy times. This is a story about a twenty-something figuring our who she is and her place in the world. (This doesn't mean she isn't in some sort of a relationship, I just wanted to focus on Arabella's character.)
5. There are a few Easter eggs in the novella. If you've read the Emile Reed Chronicles and Rare Talents, there will be two worth your time. ;)

I also wanted to take a moment to address all of the delays that have happened this year:
I know I had to postpone a few releases this year, and most of you probably hate me for doing so, but things have been pretty crazy since July. My grandfather still isn't home, so if you're wondering why I'm not posting reviews, it's because as soon as I leave work, I head to the rehab place, and after that? I usually come home and pass out. So yeah, I haven't been reading much at all... except for comics, and that's only because those are no longer than 30 pages long. If you message me and it takes some time to here back, please do not assume I'm ignoring you. I'm not. I'm just not spending as much time online as I used to.

Updating this post because I wrote it a week ago, and things have (thankfully!) changed: My grandfather is now home and doing a lot better than he was. I will still be visiting him as much as possible after work, so my schedule will probably be a bit all over the place until he's settled in, but for now, he's home and doing well. =)

<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment