9.29.2014

Book Review: The V-Spot by Wendy S. Marcus!

The V-SpotThe V-Spot by Wendy S. Marcus
Expected Publication: October 8th 2014 by Harlequin - Cosmo Red Hot Read 
Pre-Order: Amazon
Review Copy: Provided via NetGalley
Description from Goodreads:
How hot is your night going to get? Take the quiz and find out!

1. You're a curvy, cute and practical nurse, ready to unleash your inner naughty nymphette for your 25th birthday. You start with...
a. Chocolate cake.
b. Champagne. Lots of it.
c. A blind date set up by your daring best friend.

2. Your guy turns out to be popular (and insanely hot) wrestler Brody "The Bull" Bullock. You...
a. Run for the door.
b. Admire his hotness, then run for the door.
c. Imagine him naked.

3. You're meeting Brody at The V-Spot, a "Voyeur Motel." What are you wearing?
a. A cute sundress with wedge sandals
b. You're not going anywhere without Spanx
c. Doesn't matter. Brody is sexy enough that it's all coming off!

If you selected all of the above, you're in for the night of your life...


My Review:
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

THE V-SPOT is a quick read that most romance fans will thoroughly enjoy. It isn’t a story that I loved, or one that I’d probably re-read, but it’s still enjoyable.

I loved Emma and Brody. They were relatable characters; they were flawed, but both of them had redeemable qualities. The only downside to Emma? She was supposed to be twenty-five, but as someone in their late twenties, I couldn’t help but to feel that she acted far older than that. I also loved Sadie – well, what little we got to see of her. But that’s about all that I can honestly say that I loved, because for me, the rest of the story was far too predictable.

Again, as I’ve already said, The V-Spot is enjoyable and fun read, but it isn’t what I had hoped for. I’ve read multiple Cosmo Read Hot Reads over the past couple of months, and I’ve enjoyed nearly all of them. Even though they all essentially followed the same outline, and the drama that played out near the end in each title was relatively the same, they all managed to be unique. This was something that was missing with The V-Spot. Yes, the setting is definitely unique. And it was nice to see Emma’s interactions with her patients, but nothing else really stood out, which is why I can’t rate this one over three stars.

To sum it up: If you’re in need of a quick romance read, then yes, check out The V-Spot. It’s worth a shot.

One final note: I’m normally not one to complain about covers, but I absolutely hate this one. I don’t hate it because it’s a terrible cover. It’s your standard romance over, it’s eye-catching and pretty. But it doesn’t reflect the story. At all. Emma, who is the main character in The V-Spot, is described as a size fourteen and chubby by multiple characters in the story, so I’m not entirely sure why they thought this cover worked for this story.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment