2.18.2014

Book Review: Silver and Stone (Bloodlines Series #1) by J.D. Thompson!

Silver and Stone (Bloodlines, #1)Silver and Stone by J.D. Thompson
eBook, 142 pages
Published: August 3rd 2011
Review Copy: Provided by Author
Purchase: Amazon

Description From Goodreads:
Welcome to high school high society hell, where last season’s slingbacks can warrant a lunch table demotion, the wrong date will knock you off the it-list and behind every pair of oversized Chanel sunglasses lies a secret people are dying to keep.

As if senior year at Weatherford Preparatory School wasn’t hard enough, sixteen year old Alexis Bardolph had to add school outcast to the curriculum.

A new found notoriety following a family scandal, her lacrosse star boy-friend dumping her for a former BFF and a string of perpetually bad hair days were among the many things going wrong in her already turbulent teenage life.

But when the haunting nightmares that have plagued her since childhood begin to take an eerily tangible form and several Holler Creek residents are reported missing, Alexis can’t help but wonder if there isn’t more to her hellish dreams than meets the eye.

The unexpected arrival of a mysterious and dangerously handsome new student ultimately leads Alexis to troubling truths that not even her wildest imagination could have conjured.


My Review:
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Silver & Stone is a book that readers can easily devour in one sitting.

What I loved most about Silver & Stone was that it kept me constantly guessing from the get go. We’re told that Alexis has done something terrible, and she’s constantly tortured about it by her fellow schoolmates (and even her sister), but it is a while before we’re actually told what it was that she did. And when it’s revealed? It’s a reveal that comes with an entirely other mystery, and I really enjoyed that because it kept me eager to turn the pages wanting to know what was going on.
I did enjoy the romance, though in the beginning, when I would’ve classified it as insta-love (you’ll understand what I mean once you read it), I felt things moved too fast. As much as I liked Lucas, I would’ve liked for there to have been more time spent on them getting to know one another as friends before jumping into dating.

Since I don’t want to spoil anything, I’m going to do a quick roundup of what I liked:
1. Theo: I liked Theo, a lot. I’m hoping there’s more of him in the second book. He’s a great character.
2. Alexis’ friends: Sure, they can be materialistic at times, but they’re always there to help her when she needs them most.
3. The storyline: This one is definitely a unique read. It isn’t a long read, but it manages to pack quite a punch within its pages.
4. The ending: I think the last couple of chapters were my absolute favorite. Thompson handled those wonderfully, and I loved watching as everything was unveiled.

You’re going to want to have book two, Blood & Champagne, on hand for after you finish Silver & Stone because book one ends with the promise of a heck of a lot more to come!

Thank you to J.D.Thompson for sending me a copy to review!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment