12.29.2013

The post I've dreaded writing.



So, here's the deal, Rebooted isn't going to be ready for December 31st. And it is one-hundred percent my fault.

I've been burnt out lately, and well, I just haven't had the time to really do a thorough edit on the manuscript. The end of the year is the busiest part of the year at my job, which means I end up putting in a lot of hours, and by the time I finally get home it's 9PM, and well, I usually crash shortly after. Because of this, I still have a lot of editing to do on Rebooted.
It also hasn't helped that I've been burnt out on sci-fi as of late. I think that's mainly because, as soon as I finished edits on Deprogrammed and hit publish, I went straight into working on both Standby and Rebooted without any sort of break.
Thankfully though, after my little break, I feel like I'm ready to dive back into the final book in Emile's story. I'll probably take a week or two off after I finish working on Rebooted before I start writing New Beginnings, mainly because it's going to be longer than any of the other digital shorts. Instead of being a novelette, it'll be a novella, which means it'll be a minimum of 10k words. After all, New Beginnings is meant to serve as an epilogue to the series, and I want to make sure I'm in the right state of mind to write this short since it'll the end to the series. I want to make sure that, in the end, everything ties together perfectly.

Will Rebooted be out in January? Most likely, yes. I don't see why it wouldn't be.  I was at the halfway point of the manuscript before I stopped with my edits. So January should give me enough time to finish. I'll make sure to update my Facebook page, so make sure to check that regularly!

To make up for the delay, here are a few teasers from my other projects:



On a positive note: I've sent Capture to a few editors, but since I'm positive it'll be rejected (especially since I sent the wrong copy - yep, I'm an idiot, I know), I'm doing another read through to have it ready to go once I hear back from them. If I do self-publish the new edition of Capture, expect a new cover.

And for those wondering: Collide is in the querying stage. This is why I haven't self-published it. I'm hoping to find a proper home for it. I'll hopefully have some sort of news over the next couple of months.

2 comments:

  1. Fallon Vaughn - joefallon1@yahoo.com

    Thanks Nicole for the update and as a fan, whatever time you need to give us the best ending to this series is what we should all be understanding for. You rock and I cant wait to read them when they come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fallon! It won't be too much of a wait. :)
      I just want to make sure it is as perfect as it can be.

      Delete