11.09.2013

Saturday Update!

I haven't done one of these in some time. Sorry about that!

I'm currently in the middle of doing NaNo. Today is day 9 and, as of right now, I'm a little over 15,000 words into Rebooted. I'm hoping to finish the night at 17,000 words. *fingers crossed*

Guys, don't hate me if Rebooted ends up being super long. I thought Submerged was long at 76,000 words. I'm only on chapter six and I'm already at 15,000 words. On the plus side? I'm reading through Program 13, Allegiance, and Deprogrammed while I'm working on Rebooted in order to make sure that I tie up all of the loose ends.

While writing Rebooted, I'm also editing Collide. And trying to catch-up on my reading. I'm almost finished reading My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron, and I'm really enjoying it! I'm going to squeeze Sentinel in this weekend, because I'm dying over here. I've been staring at it since it came in, and it is plain tortureeeeeee having to put it off. But I need to write.

Some other updates:
  • I'm working with a cover designer on an updated cover for Program 13. It won't be changing much, but the paperback jackets will be pretty now, so yay! The newly updated cover for Program 13 will probably be ready in late December/early January.
  • I've reached out to another designer to help me fix the cover for Submerged. I want the covers for Submerged and Stouthearted to feel similar, and right now? The cover idea I have for Stouthearted doesn't work with the current cover for Submerged. Don't worry, the cover image won't be changing - just the font and such.
  • I re-released We Are All Strangers. You can purchase it here.
  • I also updated the cover for No Place Like Home (shown below). The paperbacks look a lot better now, and the feel fits the story more. (The story is pretty dark.)

If you haven't liked my Facebook page yet, you're missing out! I've been posting a lot of teasers from Rebooted exclusively on my Facebook page. (If you haven't read Deprogrammed, you should probably avoid them, but I am trying to be careful to avoid spoilers.)


Fun Fact: I wrote the first draft of No Place Like Home in early 2011, shortly after I finished drafting the first draft of Program 13. (If you recall, I wrote the first draft of Program 13 in January 2011 after I finished the edits on Capture, my NaNo 2010 novel.)
I'm thinking that since Rebooted is the final book in Emile's story (again, McVeigh's novel is a companion novel), that I may work on stand-alone novella after I finished working on Stouthearted. I've been wanting to write a novella for a few months now, and I just haven't had the time. But I'm going to try and fit it in my writing schedule. ;)

<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment