11.10.2013

Book Review: My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake #1) by Chelsea M. Cameron!

My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron
Paperback, 400 pages
Published: August 27th 2013 by Harlequin HQN (first published September 28th 2012)
Review Copy: NetGalley
Purchase: Amazon -- Barnes & Noble
Description from Goodreads:
Two secrets. One bet. Who will break first?

Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, so she needs him gone before it's too late.

Hunter himself has been burned before, but Taylor's sexy laugh and refusal to let him get away with anything make her irresistible. Determined not to be kicked out of her life without a fight, Hunter proposes a bet: if she can convince him she either truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment;and leave her alone.

But when the man behind Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever.


My review:
My rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

This is the first book that I’ve read by Chelsea M. Cameron and I can say with absolute certainty that it won’t be the last.

I’m late to the game with this book. It was originally self-published in September 2012, back when New Adult was still somewhat becoming a huge thing, before being republished by Harlequin Teen this year. I’ve been meaning to read it for some time now, but I kept putting it off and putting it off. Yeah, I regret that. A lot.

I ended up really enjoying My Favorite Mistake.
I will admit, I was a bit put off by both characters at first. They were both very extreme. Taylor was very cold, and ridiculous. And Hunter? Well, he was a major ass. But over time, as they got to know one another and they let their walls down, we got to see different sides to both Taylor and Hunter. We got to see just how broken they were, and what led to them being that way.

What I enjoyed the most was that there wasn’t any insta-love. The love they came to have for one another blossomed naturally over time. Sure, there was an instant attraction between the two of them, though they tried to act as though it hadn’t existed, but that was it. The emotional connection that they built was natural. They helped one another to heal in due time, and in the end? They were no longer weighed down by their pasts. They were able to move onto to their futures, together. It was a great ending to their story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment