10.29.2013

A Late Teaser Tuesday!

A small teaser from COLLIDE:

“Do you know what you’re going to say?” Molly’s voice tore through my thoughts.
“Honestly, I hadn’t exactly thought that far ahead.” And that was the truth. This wasn’t a conversation I’d thought I’d ever have with Gemma. She was always off limits; the one girl that I’d wanted, but couldn’t have. But now, I found myself toying with the idea of crossing that line.
I wanted to pull her into my arms and wrap her legs around my waist, and show her just how much I’d been wanting her. It was the exact thing I shouldn’t have been thinking of. After all, Trey made me promise to take care of her, and I had every intention of doing that. But what if I allowed myself to cross that line? What if I allowed us to become something more than what we were?
What if I broke the heart that I’d promised to keep safe?
How the hell would I live with myself then?
It was as though love and lust were merging together and overpowering every rational thought in my brain.
Man, I really should’ve thought this out.
“I promised her brother, Mols. What the hell am I doing?” I pressed my hands to my temples and lowered my head, trying to reel in my scattered thoughts.
“Well, this is something I never thought I’d see,” she teased.
“What?”
“You being undone by a female.”
This book has been a headache, but I've loved every minute of it. Seriously. It's my favorite project to date and I think that is because I've put a lot of myself into this one. What some people may not know is that I've been dealing with a lot of issues in my personal life. I don't feel comfortable talking about the specifics, so I'll keep it vague: I've watched a lot of important people in my life struggle with drug addiction over the years, but this past year has been the worst. 
One person cleared me out financially back in May of this year, and that alone was hard to deal with. But that was unfortunately the start of what was to come. I'd only just cleared things up with the bank before I left for NY a few weeks back, when all hell broke loose. Someone very near and dear to me not only hurt me, but the rest of my family and as it stands right now, I won't be able to see them for a very, very long time.
This is why I've been quiet on the blog front. It's hard to focus on reading when my mind is elsewhere.  Heck, it's been hard to focus in general.
I've actually rewritten the ENTIRE book now. See, COLLIDE was originally meant to be a romantic comedy. It's nothing like that now. It is a lot darker than I had planned on it being - don't worry, there's still some humor thrown in there - but it works. I promise.
And the rewrites? This is why you haven't seen it live on Amazon yet.
I'm actually considering sending it to Tulip Romance next month, and maybe even Entangled Embrace. I really, really, really believe in this book. It's nothing like my other titles, and it was hard to write (seriously, writing from the POV of a twenty-something male? hard as hell), but in the end? I'm so glad that I did.

Note: I need a beta reader or two for COLLIDE. It's in dual POV, so I want to make sure the voices are right. If you're interested, just shoot me an e-mail.

Some teasers from my other books (because PicMonkey is addicting):



On a completely different note: You need to pre-order FIREBLOOD by Trisha Wolfe. I'm adoring this book, and I must warn all of you now, my review will contain some fangirling. (Okay, maybe a lot of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment