7.19.2013

Mini Review: End Dayz (The Hitchhiker Strain 0.5) by Kellie Sheridan

End Dayz (The Hitchhiker Strain, #0.5)End Dayz by Kellie Sheridan
ebook, 36 pages
Published: January 5th 2013 by Patchwork Press
Review Copy: NetGalley
Purchase: Amazon -- Barnes & Noble
Description From GoodReads:
It's month after the dead first began to walk. The miracle vaccine that was supposed to save us all has failed.

Now, four teens fight to stay alive as a stronger, smarter breed of zombie begins to appear, threatening to end humanity for good.

Four short stories, 11,000 words total.

Prequel to Mortality (March, 2013).


My Review:
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What I liked most about End Dayz was that it offered up multiple perspectives, giving readers a better idea of what was taking place inside this world that Sheridan had created.

This was a quick read, and a nice introduction to the first book, Mortality. I'm intrigued by the world that Sheridan has crafted. It is hard to make something unique when it comes to zombies, and I was worried this would be just another zombie story. It wasn't. In this 11,000 word prequel, told through journal entries/letters, Sheridan manages to showcase a world struggling to rebuild after two separate attacks.

I will definitely make it a point to check out Mortality as soon as possible, as I'm curious to see what is next for these characters, and what Sheridan has in store for us readers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment