10.13.2012

Saturday Update!


This is pretty late in the day, but here it is!

My internet is finally back up! Apparently my ISP finally figured out the issue was on their end, and not mine. How nice of them. ;) So now I'm wasting time "researching" (aka spending countless hours shopping on Amazon and browsing Tumblr), instead of writing.

But! I think that is about to change.
I went and watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower today since it was finally out in my area, and honestly, if you have yet to see it, you need to go. Now. It's absolutely fantastic. The Perks movie gave me the motivation I've been needing to rework Grow Up & Blow Away. For those of you who don't know, GU&BA is a novel I've been working on for about three years now. It's a contemporary novel about a young girl named Everleigh and the struggles she deals with in life. It's a NA novel, and it's pretty dark. It's a project that was inspired by my own experiences, so it's pretty personal, which might be the reason it is taking so long for me to finish the first draft, but after seeing Perks, I'm finally inspired to go back to it. I'm working on the new outline, and I'm planning to return to working on it ASAP.

And because I didn't get a chance to talk about the awesomeness that was Looper last weekend, I just want to say this: if you like sci-fi movies, you REALLY need to go watch Looper. It's going to become a classic, that's how freaking good it is.

I'm off to write for the rest of the day. If you'd like a bookmark (see below), please shoot me an e-mail. I can only ship them to the US/CAN right now, sorry!


<3 Nicole

P.S. I'll pick giveaway winners on Monday or Tuesday, so you can enter for either The Forsaken or Deity until then. If you have no clue what I'm taking about, search the "giveaway" tag on my blog. :)

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm Looper was awesome! I want to see Perks even though I didn't much care for the book when I read it, what, 10 years ago? Maybe I'll like it more now. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Looper is amazing! I'd definitely say to see Perks, even if you weren't crazy for the book. The three leads, especially Ezra, are absolutely fantastic. It's definitely seeing it just for his performance alone.

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear your ISP is better (or whatever the problem was lol).

    I have not seen any movie in FOREVER. Since, like, Snow White and the Huntsman. School has slowly taken over my life (actually, it was a pretty quick process).

    Thanks for the Saturday update! I'm emailing you now for a bookmark :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, my internet service provider was having issues in my area, but it's all good now.

      I actually have yet to see Snow White and the Huntsman, going to have to add it to my "to-rent" list!

      Delete