9.08.2012

Saturday Update.

I've gone ahead and scheduled this post ahead of time, as I will be in Orlando for the day to see Ed Sheeran (<3!!!) in concert. If you need to reach me, I will be checking my e-mail sporadically - if it is important, I'll respond ASAP.

There has been a lot going on this week.
  • I began querying Submerged. So far things are not going too good. A few of the agents responded that while my query interested them, they felt as though dystopian was on its way out. I had a feeling that would be the response, so while I'm a bit bummed, I'm not too upset. I'm just going to keep trying. If it doesn't work out, I'll self-publish it, but for the next few months, I'm going to devote my time to submitting Submerged and hoping for the best.
  • The short story that I was working on (Loss of Time) has officially been sent in. I'm actually really nervous about this one. It's a very personal story. If you followed Nicole's YA Book Haven, you might remember that my grandmother passed not too long ago from cancer. That's what Loss of Time is about.
  • I've sent out more review requests for both Capture and Program 13. Each review request makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry. The downside to self-publishing is that you have to realize you are your own business. I'm a very shy person, so having to pitch my book to readers scares the crap out of me. But I'm doing it.
  • Update on The Emile Reed Chronicles: the original plan was to release the final installments of the series in 2014. I'm happy to say that the series will actually conclude in 2013. I will publish Release in-between Deprogrammed and Rebooted, and then I will, hopefully, release a second NA contemporary novel after Release. 2013 is going to be a busy year and I can't wait. :)
Unfortunately, while I'm receiving Goodreads ratings, neither book has yet to receive an actual review on Amazon. Reviews will pull in more readers that are otherwise hesitant to try a self-published author, so if you read Capture or Program 13, I'd love it if you could take a moment to review the appropriate title on Amazon. Thanks!

If we can get Program 13 and Capture to at least five reviews each by September 14th, I will reveal the cover of Deprogrammed on the 15th. And no, the cover isn't the placeholder that was on Goodreads a few weeks back. ;)

This is how I plan to spend my weekend:


I adore Megg's work. I've actually already read, and adored, Anathema in mid-2011, but seeing as I just read The Initiate, which ties both the Cloud Prophet Trilogy and the Swarm Trilogy together, I figured it was time for a re-read. Especially since I kind of jumped straight from Anathema into Sleepers. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment