7.19.2012

Updates.


Just a few updates:

I've been working on Submerged edits. I'm at the 20k mark right now (around page fifty), and I'm realizing how much of a jerk I am to my characters. But I'm extremely happy with how the story is coming along. I think that, once I'm totally finished with these edits, it may actually stand a chance at finding a home. It's a lot different than my other projects. Yes, all three of my novels focus on family, but Submerged is more of a character growth story (not to say that Autumn and Emile don't grow in their stories). Taylen is a sassy, independent teenager who doesn't seem to comprehend that her actions affect those around her until it is too late. Everything that she goes through in this story forces her to grow as a character, and if you [for some strange reason] don't like her in the beginning, you'll love her by the end.

I'm working on another novel (Collapse), too. It wasn't a planned project. At all. But I needed a break from cyborgs (Program 13) and Florida (Submerged). I don't have many details to share on this project, as it is nowhere near being complete, but I'm hoping I'll have a clean draft to query by January/February. The most I can say is that it may or may not involve superpowers.

I've already formatted the paperback for Program 13, so once I receive the edits back from the editor, I'm ready to go. I plan on doing two or three rereads after I complete the edits, just to double check for typos and/or grammar issues. I don't want to publish crap, so I'm going to do my best to make sure it is as clean as I can get it. Same goes for Capture. I've been editing the heck out of the manuscript for the past month or two. Fun bit of information: both paperbacks are a little over three hundred pages.

Reviews for next week: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout and  Semi-Charmed Life by Nora Zelevansky (which I'm reading right now). By now, I'm sure you know that I loved Onyx - Jennifer does no wrong. But I've been pretty quiet about Semi-Charmed Life. Honestly, I wasn't sure to expect from this one, but it is an incredibly fun read. It's full of wit, and I love wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment