7.15.2012

New to My Shelves (01)

Instead of doing In My Mailbox, I'm going to start doing New to My Shelves every Sunday. I'll post about the books I've bought/received, as well as updating on my projects.

Books I've purchased this week:


Pretty Amy by Lisa Burstein

eBooks purchased (not pictured):

The Complex (Linx #1) by Cathy E. Zaragoza
What A Boy Wants (What A Boy Wants #1) by Nyrae Dawn


Writing updates:
Capture has a new cover. I've already posted it on the "My Books" page, but if you haven't seen it already, here it is:

In August, I'll post the first few chapters on the blog. It's pretty much ready for publication, I just want to do another read through before I hit "publish"...but you'll be able to purchase "Capture" around the same time as "Program 13" (available August 27th).

I'm almost done with "Submerged". I've been working on this manuscript for at least a year now, but I want to make sure that it is perfect when I'm ready for the query stage. It's a dystopian novel, so I need to make sure that everything is in order and that it all makes sense. That's the reason why it's taking so long: Troum's motives need to be clear from the very beginning. And since it is a stand alone, I need to make sure that everything is tied up in the end. This book is driving me nuts, but I still love it.

The last teaser I'll be posting from "Submerged":
“I know how to fight,” I lied, hoping he would drop the discussion. Didn’t work.

“Oh really?” Glate eyed me suspiciously before tossing me the knife. “Then I’m sure you’ll be able to make use of this.” Nearly cutting my palm in the process, I grabbed hold of the knife, turning it around to admire its design. The knife was small, small enough to shove in my pocket. Its grip was black and the blade was silver, dented from prior use. It wasn’t the best of weapons, but it’d be enough to fight back.

“Thanks,” I said, tucking the knife away.

“You have no clue what you’re doing.”

“Maybe I don’t, but at least I’m doing something.” I replied bitterly, “which is more than I can say for the others.”

2 comments:

  1. What a Boy Wants is awesome! Just saying :)
    Alyssa Susanna <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've been hearing. :)
      I can't wait to start it (hopefully soon)!

      Delete