8.15.2015

Updates: Decoding Evie and More!

It has been some time since I've updated this thing, and for that, I apologize.


If you follow me on Twitter or on Facebook, chances are you've read what happened with my dog, Sadie. About two weeks ago, she started acting funny - didn't really want to eat, barely moved around - but we couldn't figure out what was wrong. She was bleeding, with no open wounds, and she just wasn't herself. Looking at her eyes, it was easy to tell that something was really, really wrong. So we took her to an animal hospital. I had an idea of what the problem could have been, as I'd read around online before bringing her, and it looked as though all of her symptoms lined up with pyometra - a deadly infection. It took the vet all of one look to agree, and next thing I knew, we were lining up her surgery.

They kept her overnight to get her started on antibiotics and fluids, and she went into surgery the next morning. The vet said that the infection had become so bad, that had he waited another hour or so, she would have died during surgery. (Again, all of the symptoms came on all at once and seemingly out of nowhere.) They released her home a few days later, and since then, I've been busy keeping an eye on her. She has to take medicine three times a day, we have to make sure her staples are clean and she doesn't try to get to them, she has to be taken out for short walks every few hours, etc. She has been doing great, but now her back leg is starting to bother her. (Something the vet wants to look at when I take her back in on Thursday to get her staples out.)

So yeah, things have been rather stressful lately. I'm not avoiding being active on social media, I promise. My head has just been elsewhere.

On a happier note! I'm finalizing edits on Decoding Evie right now! I hope you guys like this story. It's a bit of a departure for me, because it's more of a rom-com type novella. I needed to work on something fun, and Decoding Evie was born out of it. As soon as I hit publish, I'll make sure to let everyone know. (Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook!)

<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment