An Important Update.

Well, this is a post that I’ve been dreading writing.
As you’ve probably noticed, I haven’t been around much. My Facebook page has been quiet, my Twitter and Tumblr have both been quieter than usual, and I haven’t really written a dang thing in weeks.
I assure you, there is a good reason for this.
Remember those health issues that I’ve been dealing with for nearly two years now? Well, they’re back with a vengeance. Last week, I had to rush to the doctor’s because I started getting sick at my desk at work. My throat was closing more so than usual, and swallowing was incredibly difficult – so taking a Tylenol to relieve the swelling wasn’t exactly possible at the time. Now, this is something that has been happening at least once a week for the past two years, but it had never gotten this bad. I was in tears and had to leave work and have my mother take me to the doctor’s.
As my doctor’s office has been running various tests on me for some time now, trying to figure out what the heck is going on, they’ve been trying different methods with each visit hoping that something would work. About a month before this rush appointment, my doctor put me on antibiotics for a throat infected that she felt had settled in my throat and chest. The antibiotics at the time seemed to work, but after I finished those, the pain was back just as bad. So when I went back to the doctor’s office a month later and they still claimed I had an infection? I was a bit surprised. They’d done a strep test, but as I don’t have tonsils or adenoids (those were actually taken out twice due to the roots being left in the first time), they ended up ruling that out. Still, since he wasn’t sure what was going on, he gave me a new batch of antibiotics and some acid reflux medicine. (They really are just giving me everything and anything at this point to see what works and what doesn’t.)
Everything seemed better.
Until the following Sunday night when I started choking and couldn’t catch my breath. Again, this is something that happens every now and again, so at first, I wasn’t entirely alarmed. Until twenty minutes went by and I was still having trouble breathing. This led to me having my parents drive me to the ER. That ten minute drive was honestly the longest drive of my life. I was in serious pain, and swallowing water was beyond difficult.
When I arrived there, it was empty, which resulted in them taking me back right away, thankfully. But, just like my doctor, the ER doctor’s response to my symptoms was simply, “I don’t know.” They ended up giving me a shot to open up my airwaves, as well as a prescription for pills to take for the next six days. That night, after the shot, I was able to get back to sleep.
But things seemed to get worse after that.
I ended up going into work late on Monday because I needed to get my medicine. And then I ended up leaving early on both Tuesday & Wednesday with a fever – it’s also worth noting that the amount of medicine they’d had me on (five pills, two of which I had to take multiple times a day) seemed to be disagreeing with one another. (I’d told the ER about the medicine from my doctor, but they weren’t concerned when they gave me the new medication.)
So yeah, I’ve pretty much been spending my time in bed for the past couple of weeks. I’m in a serious amount of pain, I’m almost out of the medicine from the ER doctor – which means I’m sure my throat will start acting up again relatively soon, and I’m beyond weak/dizzy.
I was hoping to get back on a strict review schedule and to have some release dates ready for all of you, but honestly? I’m so beyond on everything right now, there’s no way I’ll be able to release ANYTHING until late March. Right now, I’m just worried about figuring out what is going on.
I have to make an appointment with a specialist and they are going to have to do some tests, I’m hoping once that is all taken care of, I’ll be able to focus on my writing and reading again. Until then? I apologize for the silence.

I'll be back soon, I promise. 
I will schedule a few giveaways on here and Facebook for the next couple of weeks, so be sure to follow along! 
<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment