11.29.2014

Saturday Update!



Henry: The other day, my dogs were barking at something in my neighbor's backyard. I figured that one of the chickens from the house next to theirs had found their way into the neighbor's yard again, until I went to see what they were barking at and found this little guy. We're not sure where he came from, and we're pretty dang sure the house behind us is vacant, so we've been feeding him and trying to take care of him until we figure out what to do. For now, my brother's friend has named him (we're just calling it a him for now) Henry.


Baking: I started my annual Christmas baking on Friday. The first batch of cookies: M&M cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and butter cookies. Ignore the ugly colored butter cookies. My cookie press broke in the middle of using it, and I ended up mixing the dough from the one press with the dough in the other one, which resulted in the ugly color. Unfortunately, thanks to my long list of food allergies, I'm technically not supposed to eat these... so I pretty much make these for everyone else, haha.

Health Issues: I actually have to go back to the doctor because they still don't know what's wrong with me. They know that my body is trying to fight off something due to how high my white blood cell count is, and it could be nothing, but they still want me to get an ultrasound since my doctor thinks something is wrong with my gallbladder. I'll be around, but the blog will probably remain quiet a bit longer. I need to take care of myself. Between my allergies (it is very, very, very hard to ignore foods that I'm allergic to when that pretty much means everything, so I have a lot of allergy attacks that result in a swollen throat which leads to difficultly swallowing and breathing) and whatever is going on now, I don't do much of anything other than work and sleep. Here's to hoping that changes soon.


The new Star Wars trailer: So uh, I'm assuming you guys have seen the teaser trailer for The Force Awakens, right? I'm so freaking excited. It's only an eighty-eight second trailer, but holy cow.

Giveaways: If you're waiting on me to ship something out to you, it's going to take another week or two. I'm in a tight spot financially right now. Unfortunately, book sales have been nearly nonexistent, so I'm not making anywhere close to what I was last year, so instead of mailing stuff out right away, it's going to take me a bit from here on out. I'm hoping book sales pick up soon, but publishing isn't an easy field, and sales are hard to get back up when they crash.

Sales: For those unaware, I have lowered the prices on all of my books - except for The Emile Reed Chronicles: The Complete Series - to only $0.99 each. If you've been waiting to read any of my books, now would be a good time. The sale will go through December 31st.

<3 Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your health issues. I can relate, but then I'm older. I hope you doc figures out how to help you.
    Anyway, I heard a quote by you on Criminal Minds, and looked it up. I read a few more of your book quotes and decided to look further.... Your words resignate with me.

    ReplyDelete

  2. November 23 at 3:06pm ·

    From which book is this quote? I'd like to read your work, but not sure where to start. Thx.

    “Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go but rather learning to start over." - Nicole Sobon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,
      That quote is actually from the book PROGRAM 13.
      Thanks so much!
      Nicole Sobon

      Delete