7.28.2014

A Quick Update.

Sorry for the radio silence on the blog and on Facebook.
I figured I'd give you all an update on what is going on, and why you don't have Stouthearted. (You will soon enough!)

On July 10th, my step-grandfather (on my mother's side) passed away.
He hadn't been in the greatest of health at this point, so even though we kind of expected it, it was still a surprise. I was lucky enough to get to see him during my trip to Pennsylvania in June, something that I'm incredibly thankful for.

That was hard enough to deal with.

And then my grandfather (on my father's side) ended up getting admitted to the hospital due to a stroke. I'm very, very, very close to my grandparents, so having to see him so weak and tired? It's been incredibly hard. He's doing better each day. He is starting to get back to himself. In fact, he had us all laughing last night when we visited him at the hospital. He still has a longggggg journey ahead, but I know he's going to pull through it.

Unfortunately, because I've had a lot to deal with at home, I haven't had time to publish any stories or even work on setting up blog tours or anything. This is why you don't have Stouthearted. I can't worry about that right now. Right now I need to focus on my family. These past couple of weeks have been hard on all of us, and until I can get my head in the right place, I don't feel comfortable launching a new title.

I did go ahead and post the first ten chapters on Wattpad to read for free. So if you've been waiting on Stouthearted, you do have that for now.

I will set up some sort of launch event when it is finally available.
I'm sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared for any of this.

Again, I'll be on Twitter and Tumblr occasionally, so if you need to get a hold of me, that is the best way. Actually, Twitter is probably your best bet because most of my Tumblr posts are queued.

I appreciate all of the support I've received.
I promise you'll have a ton of reading material from me when I return.

<3 Nicole

Edited to add:
Here is an excerpt from chapter seventeen (I believe) of Stouthearted that honestly fits how I feel these days:



I liked to believe that a person never truly knew just what they were capable of until they were forced to face the possibility of failure.
A few months back, I thought I was capable of anything and everything. I had been blinded by naïveté. And then I nearly lost everything, and I realized just how small and vulnerable I truly was. I thought I’d discovered what I was capable of, but life seemed to enjoy testing me repeatedly.
I thought I was strong, that I was willing to face death head on.
But I wasn’t entirely sure that was the case any longer.
Before, I had lived my life in solitude, refusing to allow anyone else in. I had closed myself off from everything and everyone, which made it easy to risk everything. Because everything up until then had only meant me. And then I’d met Glate and the others, and I’d reestablished my friendship with Lex, and I found myself carving out pieces of myself, inviting them in with open arms.
I went from having nothing to lose to having everything to lose, which gave me every reason to fight. I just needed to remember that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment